Sunday, July 20, 2008

Zoo!

Molly, Wilder, Naomi and I went to the Woodland Park Zoo today. Molly is my best friend from high school and Wilder, her son, is one year old. I've been a "conscientious objector" of the zoo for as long as I've been vegetarian (13 years), but now that I have a kid, it's not about my moral obligations anymore. It's all about looking at the pretty animals in small, easy-to-maneuver-around cages! It was a total stroller mecca, so this was the first time I didn't feel self-conscious about carting around a screaming baby in the SUV's answer to a strolling travel system. We bought a membership with unlimited admission for a year, so I hope by the next six months she will actually care where she goes. Plus the Woodland Park Zoo is a non-profit with a great wildlife preservation program, so our money is going toward the greater good. This makes it kind of a wash, I guess.
Here is a picture of her crying in the morning, while it was still chilly. Maybe she is shedding a tear for the gorillas who sat listlessly in front of the viewing glass, devoid of freedom and hope. El oh el.
Click on the picture to go to the album.

From 2008-07-20

No comments: