Sunday, August 10, 2008

Seward Park



Peter, Garrett, Naomi, Eva Petunia and I went to Seward Park a few blocks from our house today. It's a 2.4 mile stretch around a tiny peninsula in Lake Washington, I know because I clocked it with the computer on my bike when we first moved south. Also, there are mile markers, but I didn't see those until about a year later.

Naomi was way overdressed for the walk, so I had to stop midway and pull off her hoodie and sweatpants and coat her in sunblock. Especially her head, which still hasn't grown more than a dusting of sandy brown hair and is bigger than the rest of her body.

Tonight, Garrett and Peter figured out the new-to-us bbq, and we grilled kabobs, chicken, veggie burgers, shrimp, and corn. Peter did most of it throughout the night, while Garrett and I passed the baby back and forth and tried to help. They are now mastering Grand Theft Auto IV, which has been a daily task for them for the past week.

As I write this, she's sitting next to me on the couch (aka Peter's bed) propped against a pillow and sucking on her hand. Her eyes go crossed while she's intently looking at her meal/appendage, and it's adorable. I can't seem to catch anything good on film, though, because she's much too entertained by the camera.

No comments: