Garrett's brother, Zach, is staying with us for a week. So far, we haven't done anything but watch movies and eat, so I'm not sure he's getting the whole Seattle experience - just OUR version of the Seattle experience. Yesterday, Garrett & Zach & Scott (our roommate) drove down to Tacoma and Garrett bought himself a little yellow Chevy Luv pickup truck.
This truck is perfect for his job, and now I'm driving his Honda since my little station wagon has decided that it no longer wants to run and everything possible has gone wrong with it no matter how nicely I have asked it to work for me.
On Friday, I had my first appointment with a Certified Nurse Midwife, Jana Swett, who will be following me throughout the pregnancy. I really like her, and I'm glad that she's also a vegetarian and can help make sure that I get all the proper nutrients with a meat-free diet. I'm really confident in the care that I have received so far - the Family Beginnings program at my work (Group Health) is so far ahead of me, that I really can't mess up at all on care & preparation.
In even better news, Garrett has quit smoking. I asked him for support while I cut all the bad things out of my lifestyle,diet & environment, and he hasn't smoked for nearly a week. He's cranky & miserable and I love him SO much.


5 comments:
How wonderful! It doesn't look like much now but you just wait! I'm so happy for you and Garrett, it sounds like you have everything under control. Eva Petunia is a beautiful dog, bring her down to play with Gracie, cousins should know each other!
XOXO
Aunt Linda
Hey congrats on quitting smoking guys! - Mindy
hey Mama said to tell you that she was always really tired the first 3 months of her pregnancies.- Mindy
you win!
uncle john
Now that's a good looking grandbaby. I'm so excited and will be in prayer about this every day. I love you,
Dad
Post a Comment