Monday, October 29, 2007

2nd Trimester!!

Starts next week!

We had our second appointment today with our mid-wife, Jana Swett, finishing off the first trimester. We heard the heartbeat, which was 150 bpm, and we got to hear the baby kick a couple times! I'm still unable to feel it - although I keep thinking that I do, it's probably wishful thinking. So far, so good. Now that we've made it through the first trimester, I'm at low risk for miscarriage, and we'll get to find out the sex of the baby in 6 weeks!
We're getting ready for moving to the downstairs of the house, into the larger bedroom. It's an unfinished basement room with a concrete floor and horrible textured wallpaper on the walls. We bought 200 square feet of laminate hardwood flooring and Garrett and I (mostly Garrett) will be installing it after we get all the wallpaper off. Or after Garrett gets all the wallpaper off. This is going to be ours & the baby's bedroom until we save up for a down payment to move into our own house, which is something we plan to do within a year.
Also, we've adopted a little rescued kitty to add to the animal family. His name is Owen and he was abandoned at a Vet clinic after some trauma to his left eye. He's 12 weeks old and we're going to pick him up in the next couple of days from his kitty foster home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gonna hafta feed yo baby pet food, miss Lionheart! I do declare!

Dan Forrester said...

that cat's eye isn't working! you should take it back if there's a warranty. how embarrassing!

Anonymous said...

Wow ! Amazing blog to follow I would suggest to follow my all friends and family to follow his blog . Vivacious Blog - Full life and energy. Keep Posting, halterneck wedding dresses Christian Louboutin Pumps Evening Dresses