Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Day


I woke up early yesterday, and got bored, so I decided Garrett ought to get up as well. He didn't feel the same way, but he still woke up early and took a walk with me and Eva down at Seward Park, which is a few blocks from our house. It's a tiny peninsula that jets out in south Lake Washington with a paved path around the perimeter that is 2.4 miles around. Toward the end of our walk, we passed a man going the opposite direction with one of those distance measuring wheels (I don't know what they are called) who needed to know for himself whether or not the signs are true. It's always beautiful at this place, so we took pictures with the new camera:


Garrett: it was so cold outside. all i did the whole time was complain. "oh, my face is freezing" "why did you wake me up at 6:30" "my hands are so cold" "eva, you need to stop pulling" and so on. but in the end it was a nice walk.

the end


Later, we went to two Thanksgivings - first at my dad's side and last at my mom's side. One major bonus to having kids means I'm going to start having my OWN holidays, and THEY can split their holidays up with 2 hours of driving.

We ate really great food yesterday, and at Thanksgiving #2, we ate dessert and played cards for a few hours. You can see in both Danny's and Mindy's pictures just how thrilling that was. We brought Eva because my Aunt has a dog, and the dogs started fighting about something toward the end of the night which was immediately broken up, and this lady named Candy who is somehow related started telling everyone "it was the pitbull, it was the pitbull" That sort of ended the night for us and we went home talking about how much we hated her.

I am thankful that we won't have to do this for another month.

On a more positive note, according to the pencil, needle, string test done by my grandpa yesterday, I am having a boy.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Grandpa is a smart man, I vote boy too.

Dan Forrester said...

since when has it been okay in the church of christ to find things out through divination? do we have to burn pawpaw at the stake now? thanksgiving was fun. i'm glad you and garrett are getting married. he's a good guy. oh yeah, i've been wearing the gay-looking carhart shirt he gave me quite a bit. either it doesn't look gay on me or i'm gayer than i think and don't notice. hopefully the former.

Anonymous said...

I agree with many points. But in some areas, I feel we need to be more aggressive. Just my opinion. Love ya. jasmine bridal Pigalle Christian Louboutin. Hot Sale